As well as supporting individual victims of child sex abuse, Transformation is campaigning to:
- bring a greater awareness of sex abuse and its prevalence in our society
- create circumstances to empower victims to be able report their abuse in safety
- improve the services and support for victim
- reduce the burden of proof against abusers to bring about more prosecutions
- hold the agencies responsible for protecting children and young people to account for their actions, particularly where they have been negligent
If you would like to join us in the campaigning and receive further information on what you could do, please do give us your details.
People believe that we have structures in place to protect children such as the Police, child protection and Children’s services. Most of those who know the truth will say that none of these really did anything to help them when they reported what was being done to them. We have a legal system that has everything in place to protect abusers but insufficient to protect or support victims. Unless the public unite together and say
“Listen To The Victims
Look At The Facts
Stop The Abuse”
the current system will continue to deny or cover up the truth.
United we stand, divided we fail
There are many organisations working with victims, but much more needs to be done. Organisations need to link together so that victims will know that we are all standing together to stop the silence. Survivors and victims need to feel supported and empowered to tell their stories. They need to know they have nothing to be ashamed of – it is our shame as a society that we choose to turn a blind eye to the reality that 25% of females and 10% of males in the UK have been victims of sexual abuse – this is shocking, yet accepted.
The saying “united we stand, divided we fall” is so true if we are all to bring about the required change. We talk about human rights, yet children being raped in their homes is not treated as a big issue – instead it is covered up and kept in the dark at every level of our society.