Privacy Statement for Transformation website
This site is provided and managed by Transformation Powerhouse, registered charity No 1091779 with its registered office address at 33 Vicarage Lane, East Ham, London, E6 6DQ.
Transformation Powerhouse is committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately.
In accordance with the data protection rules as stipulated by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations), this page explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
Information we collect
Through this website you may provide personal data when you request to join the mailing list. This would consist of:
- your first and last name
- your address and postcode
- your e-mail address and phone number
The server that is used to host the website also captures IP addresses, this is essential to the correct functioning of any website or server. This data is not shared with any other party.
If you donate money to us, this is done via Virgin Money Giving, your financial details are not shared with us.
Use of information
We may use your personal data:
- to process and respond to your queries or requests
- to contact you with further updates about the charity or things you can do to offer your support, if you have requested this.
- for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
If you choose to receive newsletters and other communications from us, you may opt-out at any time, simply by selecting “unsubscribe” within the email, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise pass on your personal data to others, except as described in this policy.
We may disclose personal data about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, and in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government official.
Where your information is stored
Information you submit via this website is sent to computers located in the United Kingdom, which are not accessible to the public. The data is also stored with Mailchimp whom we use to send communications (emails) to our supporters. The data may be held on servers outside the UK or Europe. Mailchimp are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, thus ensuring they meet all UK data privacy regulations.
Virgin Money Giving
Information submitted by you to our donation transaction agents Virgin Money Giving may be transferred outside the EU. If they need to transfer your personal information to another organisation for processing in countries that aren’t listed as ‘adequate’ by the European Commission, they will take all necessary steps to make sure your information is protected to UK standards with recognised safeguards.
How long will we keep your data?
Transformation Powerhouse will keep your data whilst it is still current or you request to be unsubscribed.
- You have the right of access – to have a copy of the personal data we have about you, to obtain this, send an email to email@example.com
- You have the right to rectification – this means we must update your information if it is incorrect. If you would like to update your information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask us to be forgotten – this means you can request we delete your personal data, you can do this by sending an email to email@example.com or selecting “unsubscribe” from within the email.
- You have the right to object – this means you can object to us using your data to contact you.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 2018 – Donation service provider changed from Charity Choice to BT MyDonate.
May 2019 – Donation service provider changed from BTMyDonate to Virgin Money Giving.