Privacy Statement for Transformation website
This site is provided and managed by Transformation Powerhouse, registered charity No 1091779 with its registered office address at 33 Vicarage Lane, East Ham, London, E6 6DQ.
Transformation Powerhouse is committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately.
In accordance with the data protection rules as stipulated by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations), this page explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
Information we collect
Through this website you may provide personal data when you request to join the mailing list. This would consist of:
- your first and last name
- your address and postcode
- your e-mail address and phone number
The server that is used to host the website also captures IP addresses, this is essential to the correct functioning of any website or server. This data is not shared with any other party.
If you donate money to us, this is done via Virgin Money Giving, your financial details are not shared with us.
Use of information
We may use your personal data:
- to process and respond to your queries or requests
- to contact you with further updates about the charity or things you can do to offer your support, if you have requested this.
- for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
If you choose to receive newsletters and other communications from us, you may opt-out at any time, simply by selecting “unsubscribe” within the email, or sending an email to email@example.com
We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise pass on your personal data to others, except as described in this policy.
We may disclose personal data about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, and in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government official.
Where your information is stored
Information you submit via this website is sent to computers located in the United Kingdom, which are not accessible to the public. The data is also stored with Mailchimp whom we use to send communications (emails) to our supporters. The data may be held on servers outside the UK or Europe. When using Mailchimp, who have servers in the US, we are protected by the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) that Mailchimp have implemented as part of their data protection.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
Information submitted by you to our donation transaction agents Virgin Money Giving may be transferred outside the EU. They will only do this if:
- we ask them to do so (we will not);
- they have to comply with a legal duty; or
- they are working with their trusted partners and agents to provide us with a product or service.
If they need to transfer your personal information to another organisation for processing in countries that aren’t listed as ‘adequate’ by the European Commission, they will take all necessary steps to make sure your information is protected to UK standards with recognised safeguards. To do this they will ensure:
- transfer to a non-EEA country or jurisdiction has the same standard of data protection and privacy laws as the UK;
- they put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as if it were in the EEA; or
- if going to the USA, ensure that the organisation is part of the Privacy Shield.
How long will we keep your data?
Transformation Powerhouse will keep your data whilst it is still current or you request to be unsubscribed.
- You have the right of access – to have a copy of the personal data we have about you, to obtain this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to rectification – this means we must update your information if it is incorrect. If you would like to update your information, please send an email to email@example.com.
- You have the right to ask us to be forgotten – this means you can request we delete your personal data, you can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting “unsubscribe” from within the email.
- You have the right to object – this means you can object to us using your data to contact you.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy to email@example.com
October 2018 – Donation service provider changed from Charity Choice to BT MyDonate.
May 2019 – Donation service provider changed from BTMyDonate to Virgin Money Giving.
November 2021 – Remove the reference to the EU/US Protection Shield as providing data protection, this is now covered by SCC – Standard Contractual Clause. Donation service provider changed from Virgin Money Giving to CAF