Who we are
Transformation Powerhouse was set up by Mark and Gee Patchett and registered as both a charity and a social enterprise in April 2002, aiming to:
- Provide a supportive and safe environment that will give survivors of sexual abuse the security they need so that they will no longer be fearful of their abuser or the consequences of speaking out.
- Offer support so that our clients can be empowered to change the negative mindset they have accepted as “normal”.
- Create a residential and extended community that will provide a caring, supportive, accepting family environment.
- Give victims a platform to talk about what happened to them when the police and Social Services were first informed of their abuse.
- Mobilise the general public to demand a change in the way that victims are treated by agencies that should be working to help them.
The seed of Transformation was first sown in Gee many years ago when as a young girl, she was shocked by a newspaper story about a group of children that had been sexually abused by their father. The realisation that there are children and young people living in such fearful conditions with no one to help them made a lasting impression on Gee.
Transformation is a charity that is run by people who believe that we should love our neighbours as we love ourselves. Support and assistance is provided by Transformation to people whatever their faith and for those of no faith.